I have seen everything

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I was driving down the road and just saw two guys out cutting a property. Something just didn't look right so I did a double take. Sure enough something did look funny. The two guys were both mowing. One was on a craftsman rider and the other was on an old simplicity rider. The simplicity must have had a transmission problem because the guy on the craftsman had a rope tied to it pulling the guy on the simplicity about 15 feet behind him. Just about the time you start to wonder why we can't get the price per yard up where they should be you see something like this and understand why.

2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

When I see people like that I just want to slap them. They might have lived there too. I could see me my brother doing something like that in my own yard play around.

3. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

This was a commercial property.

4. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

WOW!, thats pretty pathetic!!!

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

yup, that's alabama for ya:D

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

oops

7. I think they would make more selling tickets to spectators. I know I'd buy one, it would be worth $10-20 to watch a show like that.

8. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

lol thats sad:D

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, I saw some guys yesterday with a truck, one of those old push reel mowers, a hand edging tool, and a broom. I chuckled a bit. It seems now that everyones doing landscaping because they think its easy and not too expensive. Yeah right!

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The lawn across the street from my house has a "lawn service".
    They use a homeowner lawn tractor and a toro 21". They both cut the same section of lawn (the front) at the same time, so you get two different widths of cut.
    But it gets worse! They aren't cutting at the same height either! So you can see a very clear line seperating the two different heights. I think he is a part timer that cuts after work with a young helper (probably his son).

Talk about taking no pride in your work.