1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I have the greatest customers EVER! tell us what clients have given you??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiggz, Jul 1, 2012.

1. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

I have had some wackos but i drop them mad quick..but for the most part I have really really nice down to earth good hearted people, Mabye its because i always go the extra mile for them without any thought of reward and I am always being given stuff!! mostly large amounts of food or an old push mower that dosnt work heh.. but this week was great!!!! I was given an old craftsman rider I think its a 36 inch I have no use for it but i can pull the engine and stick it on my 32 inch Exmark that just blew up!! and the mother of all gifts a DR brush mower with a 30 inch Snow blower attachment thats a 3000$ machine!!!! with only 34 hours!! I am very happy!!

Side note if anyone notices the missing rear glass im fabbing a electric roll down window for the back glass on one of my 250s going down the Highway feels AMAZING!!

anyhoo what have people given you

2. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

My Grasshopper was given to me by one of my first mowing customers i ever had. Still runs and cuts great!

3. devinraptor

devinraptor LawnSite Member

One of my customers of about 10 years gave me 5000 dollars for my daughter to start up a college fund. A year later and I still can't believe it, never saw it coming
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

One of my regulars gives me a bottled water every time I cut.
  5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been given mowers, random $100 bill tips,money to take my wife out of fine dining,keys to vacation homes in places I can't afford to fly to, black eye & cold drinks!
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've got one that does that too. Exactly one :)

I do have a couple that give random stuff that they would otherwise be throwing away. Some decent scrap money has come from it.
  7. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

On hot days most will bring us out water/gatorade if they are home. I was given a $50 tip on a $250 job the other day. Ive been given giftcards, christmas bonuses, handhelds, mowers, snow blowers etc. Ive got some good ones
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I love PBA cards. Also did a patio and they got new furniture so they gave me the bar set. Then the usual lunch and drinks and cash
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

One of my clients gave my crew leader a $6000 horse. I have no idea how he feeds that thing...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. 2ExploreTech

2ExploreTech LawnSite Member

A black eye? ... interesting.

Not a customer, but I have a standing invite to some islands in the South Pacific... but yeah, I would need travel money