1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I have the greatest customers EVER! tell us what clients have given you??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jiggz, Jul 1, 2012.

1. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

you still lost a paying a client.
  2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

You have to understand why he said that. He lives at his parents home in the basement and charges them to cut the lawn! :hammerhead:
  3. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

no I said that because I truly NEVER mix business with pleasure.

getting a girlfriend or wife is not worth loosing a paying client to me. I'd rather keep them as a paying client rather than gain them as a partner and loose that money.

I've had offers made for me to go on a date with a client before and I've turned down all of them.

besides my parents I currently have a policy to NEVER work for friends or family as well. so if I did start dating a client she would then be on her own to get her lawn serviced.

just my opinion tho. I respect his but am putting mine out there, that's all.
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

With that attitude you are better off being single.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Lol the hits just keep on comin'
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

I hope this isn't true...... Pleeeeaaaase tell me you are kidding?

She's an x-ray tech surrounded by surgeons and people with more money than myself so maybe I'll land one as a customer to replace the precious $30 yard I lost. Of not, well atleast I won't be lonely. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. StrokerTurbo7.3

Double post
  8. StrokerTurbo7.3

She probably wouldn't date you very long after hearing you wouldn't cut her yard when dating.

She offered to pay but I refused to accept it. I guess I was brought up in life with better morals.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

He also has said he never wants a wife or kids, that's why he wouldn't date a client.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

back to topic, I have my customers strategically placed so during the heat of the summer I am offered a cold beer at the later part of the day-gives me a chance to do a little PR, and the older clients always like the chance to chat.