1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I have used some ONE AP as a test, info here!

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by grassman177, Mar 20, 2010.

1. One-AP TIM

One-AP TIM LawnSite Member

jsf343,
    Our price is set by the market by our distributors so I can not specifically tell you what the price would be in your market. I can tell you that it is driven by economics as everything is. It’s nice that the product offers exceptional turf for the operator’s customers but bottom line the business owner wants to make more money. This product will do this.

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tim,

That is all great info, thanks for informing. I will be reading up on it more over the next few weeks.

On another note is there a distributar in Oregon or on the west coast?

3. One-AP TIM

Jeff,

I think you got this but Cavalcade is Prodiamine the same as Barricade. Depending on the grass types and growing zone we would recommend different rates. Prodiamine is a nice partner with SiFi/One AP products. We recommend early application for SiFi/One AP. The Prodiamine is highly insoluble and is depended on soil bacteria to degrade the product so the Prodiamine is laying at the soil surface for up to two months before those soil temps come up enough to have the soil bacteria present to begin the clock of degrading. For the north if we get 3-4 months of control from that start time we’ll have enough protection. For the transition zone the rates come up and in some markets a second application of Prodiamine may be needed as it would in a conventional program.

As for when to put down for your market I would need to know a bit more information. My college son took a summer job last year in Portland and stayed (nice area I’m told that happens a lot) so I’ve visited twice in the last year and I have a bit of an idea. I think your growing season is a little longer than the northern zone so we would probably want to recommend the transition zone product probably a March application. My wife and I are planning a trip later this summer to Portland and maybe we can get together for lunch.

4. One-AP TIM

Salt Lake City is the closest for One AP. Depending on the quntities we would be able to ship to Oregon. Go to the SiFi website www.spreaditandforgetit.com click on your state and I think Agrium may have a location for their SiFi products.

5. SOONER GREEN

SOONER GREEN LawnSite Member

This guy will be able to help you.

Andy Schenk
    Sales Representative
    AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY, Western Canada
    aschenk@agriumat.com

6. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sounds like a good product to me. Waiting for the generic version myself.

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i know i am so far impressed, and it does not grow much different now then in spring which could be a good or bad thing! some lawns i do are fine with much less fert over a year than others, those would not be a good candidate for this, but lawns that are on contract for a yearly service it will come in handy, as also the ones that seem to lose color easily etc. i will have to sell this to some folks, but some i want to use it no matter what as it will help greatly.

some lawns i really look forward to slow down in growth rate come warmer weather and the one app product does not let up so far, still growing very well

8. grassman177

This is my lawn right now as it is july 4 2010. it has had a few supplemental irrigations. it did get brown patch as well as many others of many types of fescue here in early june. I sprayed it with eagle and protect fungicides one week ago. in a couple more weeks, all the damage will be outgrown and gone.

the lawn is still very green and it has been hot and humid once again with some rain possible over the next two days and as we speak. it grows well and as it is in this picture is 5 days after cutting(as in i cut it last tuesday at the usual 4in. we have had some windy days so there is debri in the lawn, i will get some pics fresh mowed for all you fans and curious folk.

any quesitons, i am open for duscussion?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  9. grassman177

pics after a cut, i wish there was not so much tree debri, but i did not want to double cut to chop it finer since the storms have made alot of trash in lawns.
    still green and nice!

003.jpg

004.jpg

10. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Posted via Mobile Device