1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I have winter work but you dont want it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Apr 3, 2006.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

What do you do for your lawn care employees that just want to work in the summer and not do snow plowing in the winter? Do you ahve them fill out a form or letter stating that they choose not to work for those months so they can collect unemployment???

Thanks, Jason
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They don't have to fill out a form. you tyell them that you have work, and if they don't work, you will report it to the unemployment agency. Now, I'm not exactly sure about it, and there are several people on here that CAN help you better than I on this question (hey..nothin' new, THERE! :)). It may e that you have to offer the equivilent of what they were making, but I'm not sure. Hopefully, a moderator can move this to the business section- and I feel that you will get a much better response rate over there on this type of subject.
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I believe Bruce is an accountant, might want to pm him and ask. But Joes right, if the pays the same and the works available there not allowed to collect unemployment. As long as it was listed as part of the job description and even if its not I think you can get around it.