1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I herd that Tenn is the spot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PT2003, Mar 12, 2007.

1. PT2003

PT2003 LawnSite Member

i herd Tenn is the best spot to start a lawn service right know its in demand. i was woundering if anyone else herd that as well.
  2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

definitly, I heard that too!
  3. greenkeeper

greenkeeper LawnSite Member

Well I live in East Tennessee and one any given day I will pass more mowing outfits than you can shake a stick at. I just do this part time and i have never really tried to find any of my mowing jobs so I don't really know how competitive the business is but there are alot of guys out there. Just my 2 cents.
  4. F&SLawnCo

F&SLawnCo LawnSite Member

I have been in business in east tennessee for years now and I have not seen any great increase in demand. I have seen an increase in part time outfits though, which makes every piece of the pie a little smaller.
  5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey NY guys!! Tennessee is the place!! Go, Go find your pot of gold. hehehe.... Hurry, before its too late.
    Dont worry, I'll look after things around here until you get back. <snicker>
  6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Nashville has been growing fast.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you got tiger fever.
  8. tacoma200

Well they sure like orange in the vol state for some reason.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Is TN predominately warm season grasses or a mix? I hear of scalping being done there alot early in the season.
  10. tacoma200

It is in the transition zone. You have both. Closer to Memphis you'll see more Southern Grasses while in East Tn or Nashville you will see more Northern grasses.