I Hope it's Okay, To Ask this??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Robertsonslawnsinc, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Robertsonslawnsinc

Robertsonslawnsinc LawnSite Member

just was wondering

running a four man crew doing lawn care. with some landscape, what
    is your yearly gross??

trying to figure out if what we are doing is about normal or if we just really suck ..

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I run 2, 3 man crews for mowing. I can tell you I need a minimium of $375 per day per guy in 8 hours.

3. Robertsonslawnsinc

so your bringin in about 90 to 100?

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

135 - 155 for each

5. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What makes you think you might really suck?

This question really can't be answered ... there are way to many variables. Property sizes, amount of landscaping, time spent on each job site ... etc.

The easiest way to answer this type of question in a generalize way would be to figure your time, divide that into the amounts you have charged, and see what your hourly rate is ... bottom line.

On the landscaping, is it all mostly labor, or are you reselling items (i.e. plants, flowers, mulch)

Only you know if you are making enough money.

:weightlifter:

6. Robertsonslawnsinc

Just kiinda wonderin how other people are doin
    i know I'm makin a profit I have aLOT of over head tho which needs to go down soon but with four guys this year gross looks close to $230-$240

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

if you are making money then you are doing fine...irregardless of how much they produce.

8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

He obviously new and wants to compare to make sure he isnt lowballing or overpricing. Just give him an answer if u run those crews or dont give a lecture. JUST VENTING U ARENT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES IT. Look how much little effort is involved but just answering the question below

back to the purpose

I only run 2 man and the profit is about $400+ off maintenance 7 at most 8 hours. Me and partner not 2 employees

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

The question can't "just be answered".

Everyone has different expenses and a different desired profit margain. Material cost is different throughout the country, as well as how much a company can charge for a service, depending on the region.

To quote PM's generic answer(which is the correct one), figure out how long it will take, what your costs will be, and how much you want to make on top of that. Then charge accordingly.

10. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Your close to where I am at with 5 employee's

Residental maintenance crew 105k
    Commercial maintenance crew 155k
    Lawn tech 85k