i hope this is not a stupid question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jiggarule69, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jiggarule69

jiggarule69 LawnSite Member

i was wondering if it was to late to put up flyers for fall clean up since almost all the leaves are off the trees here in northeastern pennsylvania please let me know

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, I would. A few weeks ago, well, almost a month ago, I advertised in the local paper for fall cleanup, and I'm just now starting to get calls from it. So, I'd say advertise, because people don't get around to stuff until it's too late, meaning that when the weather starts to get cold, they start to think about getting their leaves cleaned up. But, while it was warm out, no one was thinking about leaf cleanup, or the snow to come. Good luck.

3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you just knock on the door of a yard that needs a clean up, introduce yourself, hand them a card and give a price.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is actually a perfect time for it. Not on a business/scheduling aspect, but on a marketing aspect. Trust me, people are much more apt to want it done when they are looking at all their leaves all over their lawn and patio, then when they are still up in the trees. This is easy pickin's time for selling cleanups.

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Plus they have probably tried doing ONCE themselves. Most likely not wanting to do it again.:hammerhead:

6. All Season Bill

All Season Bill LawnSite Member

Hey, we'll be doing leaves right through January!

7. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Send 'em out. I did someone's place today and they've already booked me for 2 weeks from now because a couple big trees are still somewhat green!