I just bought a new gravely....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michindi, Jun 11, 2004.

1. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Well I just bought the new Pro G walk behind 32'. I really hated to write the check for this. This was the biggest check I have ever wrote. I hope this machine will make me a happy camper... Any thoughts of the new Pro G's?
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Not about the mower...about the check.

Ahhhh....how I long for a simpler time....no employees, no workers comp, unemployment insurance, irs, payroll, $35K-$50K trucks.

$3-$4K or whatever that Gravely costs pays my expenses for about 1 week.

Good luck and keep it simple and sane!!!
  3. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

Well with the trade in that I had I only paid $1926. The one i bought is belt driven and is the pistol grips.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

arrgh, pistol grips.

I hope you are used to them and have use them in the past. My personal preference is Wouldn't take them for a $1000 discount.

My first mower was a Gravely 36 with pistols (used). I went out a month later and bought another 36 with a T-Bar. Ah life is so much better. Now I can kinda afford a Gravely PM 260 so life is even sweeter.

My Gravely is 6 years old and runs like a champ and my part time helper doesn't mind using it. But She may be on the auction block soon.
  5. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

anybody eles have the new 32 inch w/b
  6. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I got the same one as you. put a fuel shut off swich on now today! I love mine belt drive & pistol grip be damned. seriously, get a fuel shut off. I had a problem w/ mint during transport & it fixed things right up
  7. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

I will look into a fuel shut off flam... Thanks
  8. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

why does everyone hate the pistols
  9. michindi

michindi LawnSite Member

I dont know...I just think you have to get use to them then they are fine
  10. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

i can see that they may make your wrist and forarms tired if your braking alot ex(small lawn) but i would thing the prosteers would do just as bad for triceps and shoulders

just my thoughts cause i asked the Gravely salesman about this before i purchased mine and he told me its just prefrence really and that some people (older people) have problems with carpal tunnel and stuff like that when using these but if you have some strenght in the arms you should be fine