I just dont know what to make of this vehicle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

2. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think that could pull a 10,000 pound trailer full of topsoil or sod, or even hauling equipment. ill stick to a nice 3/4 ton truck or higher.

3. ASBK

ASBK LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Judging by the headlights it looks like the front half of a Cavalier. I'll bet its on the S-10 frame too. Wonder if you could put a plow on it:cool2:

4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I believe this pic should be proudly displayed when a person worries about what other lco's in their area thinks about the equipment they use. Grant it, there are some seriously ghetto set-ups out there and this one is really not that bad but if I seen something like this in my neck of the woods, I would have a hard time working due to laughter.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

6. mjohnson1

mjohnson1 LawnSite Member

theres a "mississippi road" in australia?

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

First off, in Australia, fuel is about five times more expensive than it is here.
    Secondly, you will see very few 3/4 ton or above trucks running around configured for this type of work.
    The vehicle in the picture is nominally called a "ute" and chassis configurations like that are common.
    Road taxes, fuel taxes, insurance, devaluing dollar all add up to making due with less. Importation fees for equipment manufactured outside of Australia can be as much as three times the purchase price.
    I would be very surprised if there weren't more vehicles just like that.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Personally speaking, considering the 'fuel price complaints' thread in another section is one of the longest on-going discussions, perhaps we ought to take lessons from the Aussies, and also the Europeans. Every 3rd vehicle on American roads is some kind of a van/truck/suv (not a car), about half the vehicles out there have V-8's, yet everyone complains about the oil shortage...

9. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

i just keep my price up so that i can afford to put the fuel in my V8....any other time i am "out n about", you can dern well bet i am in a 4cyl toyota lol..

10. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

the ute is a 1 ton Falcon au ute comonly used here in aust.
    Yes fuel is hell off alot dearer so now way many could operate with 6 litre v8's.
    Alot of us also use 4wd's with 4 and 5 litre engines.