I just don't understand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, Sep 2, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Why does eXmark offer a Liquid cooled Lazer and also an electronic fuel injection lazer, but not one with both features combined into one mower? I think this would be one advanced mower. Is the just no market for a Lazer like this? Or is there something that I don't know about?

2. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

They will starting jan 06. 29hp kawi DFI. Also, it will be on the XS chasis with 26" tires 21cc pumps and suspension seat. Triton decks 60,66 and 72"

Attached Files:

3. mowtech

mowtech LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki offers such an engine. It is the FD791D-DFI, 29 hp, liquid cooled, multi-port digital fuel injection, overhead valve, 90 degree v twin. I would suspect that you will see this engine avaiable shortly on some major brands such as Exmark.

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

just buy a diesel motor it will last and cost less to run
    we have a scag turftiger with a liquid kawi on it and have been haveing problems with it shutting down when it gets hot no one can find out why
    cools off starts right back up??????????????

5. South Florida Lawns

from usa

It reads 2003 do you work for eXmark??

6. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

HE just took those photos and forgot to reset his camera date and time. He said so in the thread about 06 Exmarks. I have been hearing horror stories about the 29 efi liquid cooled engine on a couple john deeres.

7. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I own Toro z masters and also demoed eXmark mowers, I was wondering if quality of build is about the same? I know cut quality is nearly identical.

8. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

Quality of build yes, performance of the mower deck NO. Exmarks new triton deck is going to be the leader in cutting performance (not that it wasn't before)

9. South Florida Lawns

from usa

I wounder if that would work? I have 2 05' z masters and under 200 hours and don't wan't to by new eXmarks. I have the SFS deck right now, I think its only 5 inches deep. Judging by your pics that new triton looks to be the ticket. Oh well I might be trading my toro's for an X in a year or so.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I agree... If you are going to spend that much, just go diesel... much smarter.