i just FIRED my lawn guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 21, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

that's what she said to me, she said, "i saw your truck at mrs. so n so's house. i took down your number. i just FIReD my lawn guy, would u be interested in doing my lawn?" i don't know guys, we all have our opinions, but i don't like the sound of this word "fired", it makes me think, that they think, that the lawnboy is thier employee, i don't dig that crap. watta u think?

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

its just an experession. And they all think that no matter what they say or do. I fired my pool guy this week, how else would I put it.

3. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Technically you are doing work for them. Technically they hire you. Technically they can fire you.

But its all in the wording.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

respectful people say, "i cancelled my service with them..."

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I thought you went fishing in the afternoons?????????????????????????????

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

The wording doesn't bother me, employee, whatever. I've pretty much been self employed since I was 9. I've been called a lot worse. I would be more worried about why she fired the last guy.

7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats why I always ask them who the previous company was and the reason for letting them go. Just to make sure I dont do the same thing they did.

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

leave is to gedd to say somthing like that :rolleyes:

As far as "firing" the lawn guy, whatever, tomatoe tomato, does not bother me.

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess for you sensitive types(BOOBY) she could have said " The young gentleman that was servicing my property wasn't doing things the way that I prefer, so I asked him nicely.... pretty please with sugar on top, stop cutting my grass....if that's okay with you."

10. lawn gonzo

lawn gonzo LawnSite Member
    from texas

Bobby, have been reading your posts for a long time, without you this would be a two-dimensional board, you made me LMFAO and appreciate you, even if others think your full of bunk, later Big Guy