1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I just got fired by my dad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bln, Apr 24, 2010.

1. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I have been mowing his commercial property for 7 years and never raised my rates once. The price I was charging was $55 per cut and it would of been $75 for anyone else. He just hired a company for $26. They just did their first cut and it looks horrible. Not striped, burned where they whipped, and He up charged A $30 a month weed maintenance program that I was doing for $100. I know the economey is bad but to get fired by my dad, it sucks.:cry:
  2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Geez, that is pretty bad to get canned by your old man! Did you all have a falling out or some kind of argument before this? I cant help but think something brought this on, other than only cost.
  3. bln

Nothing like that at all, as a matter of fact we are driving an hour togther to get some wings, yes they are that good. I give him heck about it because the company drives around with a sign on their truck that states " Mobil home lots $10."

MS_SURVEYOR LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Grief! :dizzy:

He'll be back once the heat starts killing his grass this summer! :laugh:

What can you say? :waving:
  5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Congrats! First thread on Lawnsite saying "my dad fired me":drinkup::clapping::laugh:
  6. bln

Hey thanks a lot charles, I appreciate the recognition of what this fine economy has come to.
  7. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say he should buy the wings!!! :drinkup::drinkup:
  8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't laughing at your loss. Just the fact something never before posted has come up.
    When your dad gets very old and needs you for something. You remind him of the day he fired you. Maybe when his auto breaks down on the road and he calls. You will get to do it sooner:usflag:
  9. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you're still named as beneficiary of his estate the money he's saving will come back to you,so don't let it bother you.
  10. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

why would you charge your dad? Did he charge you for all the meals growing up and rent? Family should be free