I just had to post this.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fixer67, Aug 3, 2011.

1. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I was working to day on a John Deere and when I seen this I knew I had to post it on Lawnsite. I do not know what to say. The picture speaks for its self

what.jpg

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the big deal? Dealer probably wanted $20 fot the pin.

3. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have done the same thing. It's only suppose to keep the rode from sliding out.

4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Redundancy....the guy that put those on there must be a pilot.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's because they want your first born child in exchange for the actual pin that's supposed to go there,
    for that exact reason I can personally say I've become very fond of cotter pins.

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

A little odd..... But I'd rather remove that than a freak'n nail that had been driven into the hole and bent over. :dizzy:

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ha! Ditto.

Done that a few times back home on the farm growing up. When your in the middle of a 100acre field, you'll use anything to get you finished and back to the shop.

8. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

if your willing to pay $20 and not use a cotter pin you would be run out of my shop for stupidity. I think I charge a $1 when I put a clip in, $.50 on a cotter pin. Fixer you must be near the city if you do not see that every day.

9. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Get used to it....its the new "normal"
    People are doing anything they can, to get as much as they can. out of everything they own.
    I used to build a ton of engines...I still get folks bringing me engines to overhaul, but , more often than not, they are used up so bad that theres nothing to rebuild. The bread and butter of the repair business ( servicing the mowers and engines) has dried up.
    Time to load the barn...could be a long winter....

10. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

That's nothing!! My customer's would of used .095 trimmer string, and tied it in a knot!!