1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I just love this time of year...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by procut, May 16, 2007.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

The grass here is growing so fast it is beyond belief, this is the worst spring surge growth I've seen. I havn't quite figured it out yet, as we have actually had a realitivly dry spring. We have been mowing anywhere between 3.125" - 4.125" and have been having to double or triple cut even with a brand new Toro with the Turbo Force deck. Don't get me started on the TGCL lawns. The phone has been ringing off the hook:

"When are you going to be here, the gass is so tall."

"Are you guys behind, the grass is getting tall"

And my favorite "Can you cut it shorter, a few days after you leave its tall again, it needs to be cut shorter."

My answer to all this are no, we were there last Tuesday, we will be there again this Tuesday. It is spring and with the recent weather the grass is growing extemely fast.

Oh, don't even suggest cutting more than once a week, the response is someting to the extent of "What! oh my god, you can't do that I can't afford it, once a week is my limit!"

Got to love spring:dizzy:
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL that's great, we're getting balmier temps and things are slowing, but the rain keeps up and things are still right busy.
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: What does green grass look like? All I could see this morning was thick smoke from the never ending fire and drought.
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that sucks. My situation is better than the alternate - I guess I should quit my b!tching, LOL.
  5. Zaro T Man

Zaro T Man LawnSite Member

I wish I had that problem procut, it is so DRY here in North Georgia that I have had to skip mowing's on two of my clients this past week. If I had cut it all the grass would have died. It was already more brown than green. Send me the rain.. LoL :blob2: