I just made my Wisconson Metalworks Power Bucket more powerful

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccstrebe, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

I've been wanting to do a certain modification to this bucket to make it even more versatile than it already is, but I couldn't figure out how I would do it.

I was looking through the parts cd for my 297C and saw that Cat offered a bolt on grapple kit, this was exactly what I needed to allow me to do the modification that I want to do.

The grapple works great but I am not done yet. I have one more thing I want to do to this bucket and the grapple now makes it possible.

021.JPG

024.JPG

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

How do you like that machine so far?

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

it doesnt look like he has used it yet. its a trailer queen.

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Look at it, The tracks and rollers are still clean too! Have you even used it yet?

I hope it's not a trailer queen behind that F-150! :laugh:

How thick are those grapple tines? they look purty thin, like they would bend if you put to much pressure on them against something..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Oh snap...

In the guy's defense, he can afford a $70K play toy, wish I could say the same.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Those Sequaro (sorry I cant remember how to spell it) cactus are not very heavy. Heavily protected, but not very heavy.

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, KSSS you've lost me, what are you talking about?

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully for your sake, Obama moma puts an influx of cash into your school system.

Sequaro Cactus is native only to Arizona....... OK I will break this down in SC speak. You know the tall cacti you see in the cowboy movies, the ones that look like a they have arms. Those are Sequaro cactus. They are protected by the State of Arizona. Fines are real heavy for moving or destroying them.

Enough of the Cactus lesson plan.:dizzy:

9. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice bucket! It's getting me thinking....

10. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Picasso, I had to chuckle at that one.

The machine is great, I have 50 hard hours on it and I'm about ready to give an 'Observations Part II' on it. Got to keep it real for KSSS.