i just quit

Discussion in 'Employment' started by h2o2gunr, Feb 9, 2006.

1. h2o2gunr

h2o2gunr LawnSite Member

9 years i worked there. just left my phone and keys and a note on the boss desk. bye bye.

that is all
  2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Hey :waving: , I've done that before, feels good don't it! :drinkup:
  3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well you must have had good reason.Trust yourself and trust your gut if your gut told you that that is what you needed to do then you did good.
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I was once..years ago told by mngmnt that I needed to change my personality in 90 days or I was gone.
    You don't EEVEN want to know what I told them.It was all because they had been in the shipping business for only a few years and I had been doing it for a long time alot longer than them..so I knew we needed more equipment and people and told them so..they did not provide what was needed so when Christmas season came around and we were unidated with orders that we could not get out because of lack of people and equipment to load the trucks and they screamed bloody murder,..I simply said"Told you this would happen and you did not want to listen so don't blame me and my people for it it is your fault not ours and they did not like being wrong..so it was ME that had to change MY personality..HA fat chance of THAT!.so much for working for other people after that I said screw this!
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I was once..years ago told by mngmnt that I needed to change my personality

Sheshovel, I cant imagine anyone telling you that!:D Seriously though, do you miss that crap one bit! It is the only thing that keeps me hanging in there when I think back to the lowlife, dumbazz, stupid, ignorant,arrogant SOBs I used to work for, it gives me a new rush to try and not go under. It is my one driving force.
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Doesnt it give you a warm wonderful feeling, like you just got cured from a horribe disease. I remember it so well.
  7. h2o2gunr

h2o2gunr LawnSite Member

i feel bad for the people i left behind that have to deal with all the things that frustrated me so. well only a couple people. it was definetly time to move on.

2 weeks till i start the new job. i have never had a vacation ever. i could never chose to take my time off. the big chief would decide that for me.

tommorow ill go over and finalize my pay, then im gonna play play play. its time to ride my dirt bike woot!
  8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I did that too. felt GREAT to be able to say good bye to such worthless people. working for yourself is one of the best things, cant get fired, nor can you worry bout the boss yellin at ya for showin up late. I'm going to enjoy workin for ME.
  9. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say it definitely feels better to quit then get fired. The day I quit, I went in and put all my stuff in my truck, and told the boss I was gone at lunch. I had 25 people go out to lunch with me that day. It was nice. They asked me to give them 2 weeks, I told them they didn't give "jeff" 2 weeks. He was fired for sending an inappropriate email. I am still pissed about how they fired him. Since I have left 4 other people in my dept have left. Now there is only 4 left. They are screwed.
  10. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I was working for step 2 and thats' funny. just about the same thing happened also. They yell at alot of people, pic fights, never solve any issues at all. When you talk to the supervisors, they never listen and treat people like $**T! I kept working, supervisor I yelled, ( when she walk by) Told her I had a propblem. Jumps down my throat, no reason. I gave it to her. I told her: That wasn't called for. Burn in hell, You just f-ed your self and f&%^%^/ Blow me. I loved seeing her blowup. Laghed and walked out last week. :walking:
    Hey yall, isn't life just grand? :drinkup:
    Now, I am currently focusing on biz. Making out my marketing plan.