I just spent $891, I want to spend more.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Dec 20, 2006.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We finished up our season November 21st.. then did some tree removal on the 29th and 30th.. Anyhow, we assumed our season was done.
    Got a call on Monday, "This is Mr. Potato and I would like you to come out and do another full leaf cleanup at my house and my office. I sent your check for the $891.00 for November's work."
    I said to Matt, "didn't you do a good job there?" He says, "jodi it was spotless, i can't understand what he could feel needs cleaned up again."
    So on December 18th and 19th, he did 2 more full cleanups, there were so many leaves, sticks, branches, pinecones everywhere, all throughout the pool area, all the beds, etc. Matt couldn't believe it, most of it blowing in from surrounding neighbors that don't clean. He also cut the grass at both accounts, and took away a heaping bed full of debris.
    Unbelieveable to be working in PA like this this late in the year. And to have a customer that is happy to spend $891, and then still want to spend more.... that's the customers we worked hard to get over the years.
    So who is still cutting in PA? Anyone?
  2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

For cleanups I always take digital pictures. I have had people in the past claim I was never there. It shows the date and a clean yard.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't think he is contesting that the leaf clean-up wasn't done. I believe Jody is saying that he wants another full clean-up.

Seems like a good customer that actually cares about his lawn. I would take care him, people like that are a hard find. You guys have any snow yet? We had like 14" a couple of weeks ago, all melted now but is very wet.
  4. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

You're lucky, no clean-ups here- under our 10" of snow. It is 2:30pm here and so far the high for the day is 14 deg.
  5. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

We are still working, unbelievable. We did a few cuts and will probably finish tomorrow. Alot of lawns are looking "shaggy" not long. It has been very warm and things didn't completly stop growing. I am not complaining but very grateful because last year was terrible with the drought and nobody knows what next year will bring. I know some will call me a fool but don't care. I read to many times how and when is the best time to get new customers, All Year. People see you working and.... Anyhow ,I hope everybody had a great year and Merry Christmas! Matt
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

the digital pic is definitely a good idea when it comes to clean ups.

ya mike is right, this customer wasn't complaining at all, he was happy to have it done all over again because of the windblown leaves.
    nope mike, no snow far, just the way I like it, since we don't plow. :)
  7. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

cell phones with cameras are great for just that. It helps when fishing too. You don't have to bring them home to prove how many or how big!!
  8. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I will be cutting the front of a commercial prop Friday. They asked me if i could do it Thursday but i have an Audience with my little princess then. Like Jodi i dont plow so this weather is nice.
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

If it doesnt snow soon i may be cutting some lawns :rolleyes: I actually have a few that could use it but know my customers would flip about mowing so late in the season.