I just started my business 3 months ago

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MR Services, Jan 24, 2005.

1. MR Services

MR Services LawnSite Member

I just started my business 3 months ago in Katy, Texas and i need some advice on how to bid jobs, how to get more business than I currently have, and what kind of mower i should buy. Also I need to know what the best weed killer is and what i should use to keep the grass green. Any help will be great. Thank you very much.

Mike

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Don't take this the wrong way, but your questions are very general. There is an abundance of answers to your question in the archives of Lawn Site. I suggest you pull up a chair and have a seat for a few hours. In the beginning I use to spend about 7 hours a day on here...almost everyday for a couple months. After a few years it's down to just a couple hours a day. Use the search feature at the top and you will find an answer to almost any question you have. As far as gaining new business, the most popular and least expensive method would be doorhangers and/or flyers. Go to the "Elements of Business" forum. Gopher software offers FREE templates for both doorhangers and flyers.

Also, get licensed before applying any pesticides. Check with your local Department of Agriculture for information. Getting caught applying them without a licensed can carry a hefty fine.

Good luck
    Matt

3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

You may want to go to Lowes or Home Depot,they usually have books on grass,fertilizer etc. along with all general subjects try this web site www.ortho.com and www.scotts.com ,might get some help here!!

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

:laugh:

(here are extra words to make my message longer, please ignore this)