I just tryed a Hustler Diesel and like it...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Jun 20, 2009.

1. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

My local Hustler dealer let me take home a new diesel zero turn for the weekend. I put about 5 hrs on it and I have to say I am really impressed. It's a 60in cut, 25 hp Shiboro(SP) Diesel engine. l.e.d gas guage. It was smooth, powerful and did a great job cutting in thick and not so thick grass. I currently own 2 John Deere 997 Diesel ztracks and a wright zk 31 hp gas stander. I thick I am going to go ahead and buy this Hustler. Hustler has a special going, this Hustler, new, $9990 plus it has a 3 year warranty on the mower. Also my dealer can get me 0% for 36 mnths. Ill try to post some pics of it. Just wanted to get the word out there for anyone looking for a cheaper-priced diesel zero turn that seems to do a great job and come with a good warranty.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice machine.

Any clue if the pricing is available everywhere? I think it's a little heavier than I care for on the lawns down here, but that's a great price.

3. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

from what I hear that price is nationwide, and the 0 percent finaincing is through sheffield which I assume is nationwide as well.

4. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

wow tell us more about your experience!!!! sounds great a hustler diesel is rare to hear about! i saw the cat diesel but not the shibura! that is also how you spell it shibura. just so you know. how was the fuel consumption??

5. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

We used one last week when my buddy's Super Z was in the shop, it is definitely a beast and did not bog down, ever. However, my buddy's Super Z had only 170 hours and has been in the shop twice 1) for the starter 2) for the clutch 3) and now the plastic where the key and electric PTO is located is starting to peel up. The diesel only had 12 hours when we picked it up and at 30 hours a spring snapped on it....

I really like hustlers and would not really hesitate to buy one, but I am starting to wonder about there build quality..

6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

That sounds like a good price! But I pretty much don't like Sheffield.

7. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Are you sure that price is correct? That sounds awefully cheap. I looked at one yesterday and it was $13,000+. The Scag diesel is $16,000-that's what I really want but I'm not paying that much.

8. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

You better pull the Trigger on that Hustler diesel deal at $9,990 that is minimal $4,000 below Kubota, John Deere, or Bad Boy diesels with WAYYY more diesel engine. Good Luck

9. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

You better pull the Trigger on that Hustler diesel deal at $9,990 that is minimal $4,000 below Kubota, John Deere, or Bad Boy diesels those listed with WAYYY more diesel engine. You think the Hustler 25 hp Shiboro is equal to your Yanmar 4 banger diesel in the JD 997???, if so Shiboro or Hustler has grossly underestimated the little diesel's hp/torque spec sheet.

10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

That clutch wire problem can repeat itself over and over. I carry the pigtails extra for my super z because they fail every year from the heat or something.
    I like my Super Z but your friend sounds like he's off to the same start I had. Only mine didn't stop until yr 3 after they fixed everything twice in most cases under warranty. That sounds like a great deal if you need a diesel (to heavy for my lawns). But Hustlers break down a lot...expect it.