1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i just turned 17

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by man of stihl, Nov 13, 2006.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

hey everyone,
    ive been looking around this site for a good while now. i have learned alot here and really appreciate everyone here. i guess i should tell a little about myself. i am 17 years old and a senior in high school. this is my six season of mowing and i currently have 72 accounts. only 8 of them are commercial, the rest are just residential. My dad helped me when i couldnt drive but when i got my license last year mid season my business really expanded. Im very interested in this business and do all i can to produce good work and learn as much as i can. its hard to manage school, grass, sports, motocross and friends all together at once. i never sit still but i am happy with that:clapping: i take alot of pride in what i do. my friends used to make fun of me, now they all ask me for a job :laugh: most of my equipment is listed below, i dont really know what else to say and sry for the long post:dizzy:

i almost forgot, yes i do have insurance(million dollar coverage) and a business license in my fathers name.
  2. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like you got a sweet setup going great job and good luck!!! congrats
  3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

gahh that sounds like you got an awesome setup so far. Congrats on all your accounts and equipment. Why do you have three 36" mowers? Do you have people that help you out or what? and how muh of your equipment will go on the 6X12?
  4. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

thats exactly what happened to me, when i started and they would make fun of me for not playing soccer or other sports. but now they need money so they ask me if they can work with me and all i do is laugh and say i'll think about it and then i say no.
  5. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

the lesco is a backup. i run the two exmarks on the trailer. they fit fine along with 2 honda's and 2 lawnboys, and all handheld stuff. i would like a bigger trailer but it works ok for now. im looking to invest in a ztr but not quite sure about that yet:confused: my father helps me when he can and i have a couple good buddies that cut very well. i trust them and they are really good to work with. but most of the time it is just me out there mowing
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

youre off to a well then better start than most people keep up the good work and have fun
  7. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

The rewards out there are only as distant as your vision.

Always provide a quality product and friendly disposition and success will come to you.

With all that you have going on in your life right now (school, grass, sports, motocross and friends) you are going to have to weigh out your priorities and set the measurement for your success.
  8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well im lookin to have 30 accounts next year only want that much because i want to play JV football next year. but my brother will be workin full time next year. but once i get out of school im probably gonna go in the service and list in the army reserve and work as a landscaper/lawncare. good luck man ur on a very good start.:drinkup:
  9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

You are doing well for what equpment you have.