I just want to be legal!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by horizonmowing, Sep 2, 2006.

1. horizonmowing

horizonmowing LawnSite Member

I have satisfied all my requirements for high school, so I don't see the point in being there. All i have given up is electives ie- ceramics, gourmet foods ect. Do you seriously think that It would be a better use of my time for me to sit board taking a class that i don't need? For me, I feel that I have learned much more starting and running a business, then school has taught me the past few years.

2. VMcNeill

VMcNeill LawnSite Member

You said everything is under your dad's name at this point in time. If the company is older than two years than you can bill yourself as technically an employee for the last two years. As such you should be able to qualify for the class C license that you need so much. Just change the name of the company and you are in business. Thats what I would do anyways.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

You need an English class, one that emphasizes spelling. Yes, now is the time for education! You have reinforced my point.

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I caught that one too :laugh:

I had someone send a resume today...they spelled 'professional' incorrectly (twice) and 'maintenance' was spelled 'maintance'

Never underestimate a good education...if the lawn biz doesn't work out you'll need something to fall back on...

5. horizonmowing

i guess half of lawnsite needs to quit work and get back to highschool.... dont hate. BTW Dr. Rodger, where did you get your degree? Just wondering.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Aww...just playing with you...but you did set yourself up for that one Horizon...

7. horizonmowing

agreed....

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

That's funny, because half of lawnsite is still in high school. :laugh:

Hey, you even spelled Roger wrong! :laugh: :laugh:

9. horizonmowing

damn it.... "Mr. Rodgers" happened to be my fav.

10. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

:hammerhead: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This thread is tooooo phunie!:laugh:

I was thinking the same thing VMcNeill said. Can't you just declare yourself an employee of your dad, get your license, and then take over the business or change the name a little or entirely?

I think you should go ahead and register your business as a corporation if you plan on doing this long term. It sounds like this is your plan.