I killed Bermuda in St Augustine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gregory, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Gregory

I want to kick myself for not starting my Bermuda Grass control a little sooner this year and taking advantage of the Freeze.

2. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

anyone who thinks their getting rics useful cocktail, think again. I heard he wont even tell the guy who delivers him lunch when he is sick. He's taking this one to his grave:laugh:

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Come on now Brian

You know your are in my will. BTW Thanks for lunch yesterday.

4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i was going to call you and get some more. but been busy at work.....

so much for the easy winter......

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Karl

No Problem, you certainly have taken care of me in the past. Couple weeks ago I had planned to mix some up 12/15/10 as a matter of fact. But the weather turned bad and now we will have to wait until Bermuda is actively growing.

BTW is you Bermuda back in the same area or a different area???? I am hoping you say a different area. If I remember correctly you told me you didn't spray all your Bermuda last year.

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

no the areas i sprayed last year are still have no bermuda. i still do have some in other areas....

7. Nic340

Nic340 LawnSite Member

Hi Gregory, I was given the Celsius WG. I believe it is the same product you are talking about. On the label it states not to use more that 0.113 OZ per K, and you mentioned you used 3OZ? Is this the same product, and at that dilution it worked? Thanks for your time,
    Nic

8. Nic340

Nic340 LawnSite Member

Hi Gregory, I was given the Celsius WG. I believe it is the same product you are talking about. On the label it states not to use more that 0.113 OZ per K, and you mentioned you used 3OZ? Is this the same product, and at that dilution it worked? Thanks for your time,
    Nic

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Nic

That is right 3 oz of Glyphosate per gallon applied at 2 gallons a thousand will brown out Bermuda Grass is a little less than 2 weeks.

10. Nic340

Nic340 LawnSite Member

Hi Ric,
    Thanks for your reply. The problem is that I have the Bermuda grass(wild Bermuda) mixed in into the St augustine grass, and it is slowly taking over, If I Apply Glyphosate, I believe I will kill all of the St Augustine. For this reason I was recommended The celsius WG. What do you think?
    Nic