I knew it would happen to me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jun 4, 2008.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Today I was at one of my accounts, I just weed eated edged and cut the front yard. Well, when I was walkin back to my truck I noticed that I missed to edge to parts of the driveway, so I said, ok, Ill get that after I cut the backyard. So I cut the backyard, went to go get my Stihl trimmer and wait a a minute, its not there, OOO sh!t neither is my Echo blower. Some a$$hole jacked my ****!n handhelds right off my truck. I guess im a lil at fault cause my sh!t wasnt locked down, but you know what, it will be tomorrow when I'm out cutting. I wasnt going to call the cops, but there just happened to be one coming down the street so I flagged him down and got him to file a repot. Imma be hitting up the craigslist, ebay, newspaper, and pawn shops. OOO and writing down all my seriel numbers off my equipment. Lets hope this a$$hole goes and uses one of those sources to get some money.So I went I went out and bought me a BR600 and that thing is so nice. Ill be gettin a fiya a$$ trimmer as soon as I get the money. I might go with Stihl's first 4 cycle engine.
  2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I lock up my Stihl br600 to the truck but NOT my Echo trimmer lol.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've just been etting this bad feeling lately...and think I'm going to go to Home Depot for some pieces of cable, and a lock set. I have to wire up two trimmer racks with two trimmers and a stick edger and extended hedgesaw, and a shelf unit that holds two backpacks, a chainsaw (expensive arbor saw), and a handheld hedgesaw.
  4. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

Sorry to hear that.
    Were you in Metaire?
    Which neighborhood/street?
    I run my Metairie route on Mondays and Tuesdays.
    I'll keep an ear out.
  5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to my truck but to my trailer. Even though everything I have is insured with a $100 deductible I still lock everything every-time!

Sorry for your loss man! You will love the BR-600 but make sure to chain everything down and keep it all locked in tight!

Good Luck
  6. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

Last year a crackhead grabbed the Shindaiwa trimmer out of the back of my truck when I was no more than 40' away. Ever seen a 45 y/o man running after a 125lb crackhead, (My apologies to all of you who smoke crack, BTW.) one with a blower on his back and the other with a trimmer in his hand?
    He dropped it as he ran between two houses, as it was obviously too big to fit through the hole in the fence that he wriggled through.
    The scumbag would have handed it off for a rock. No, I still don't lock my gear down, but I do carry these days.
  7. TheChiefsLawnCare

Kool, this took place right on the corner of Bissonet and the street right behind the closed up celebration station with the canal. i wanna say its canal street. you know where im talking about???
  8. TheChiefsLawnCare

OOO hell yeah. I came home and got the cable all ready for tomorrow. Ill be hitting up home depot and getting me a commercial master lock tomorrow before i do any cutting and load my truck up. Ive learned my lesson. Now I have to use that piece of **** echo until i save enough to get the good trimmer ONE AGAIN.
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sorry to hear about your loss. There's thieves in all towns big and small. I raced radio controlled cars for years. While I never had anything stolen, I've had some racing buddies loss EVERYTHING! I'm talking 10k plus in equipment...... Yes you can easily tie up 10K in equipment just racing toy cars. I've spent enough in the last 15 years to buy a new home!
  10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I saw a Mexican try to walk off with my Echo blower one time, the guy didn't see my dad trimming, my dad started barreling across the lawn and the guy dropped the blower and took off-it was hilarious, the Mexican had the deer in the headlights look. It's a good thing that the guy took off, because I think my dad would've f***** him up