1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I know how much I am making on this job.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Mar 30, 2005.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I qualify this because I have to seed when I am done so thats why I am in the lawn area.

How much would you have to get to take down a 24 foot pool, remove 4 yards of 2" washed stone (river rock), remove 10-8' landscape timbers (4 x 4), grade the yard to the back in the 28' circle, remove about 2 yards of sand, bring in about 4 yards of black dirt and then seed the whole circle. On top of that you get to keep all the materials and the pool with all the things to run it. (a $3500.00 pool with 17 years left on the warranty).

I figure it is gonna take me about 12 hours total with me working to do it all once the pool is thawed.

You really don't have to answer but you wouldn't believe what I will make if I can do this in the next 2 weeks or so. I am not even gonna tell.

dec31 198.jpg
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's your own back yard?
  3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dammit! I was going to say the same thing and you beat me to it. Get out of my head!! :D
  4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Nothing because that pool isn't going to be thawed and the area dry enough in 2 weeks.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Not a plugged nickle...there's no diving board LOL :rolleyes:
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I have enough trouble with the voices in my own head................I don't need to join your friends as well...................LOL!
  7. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck doing all of that with all that white junk still on the ground.
  8. ndunn

ndunn LawnSite Member

you guys want backyard swimming pools in Wisconsin? It's goin on April and you still got snow for cryin out loud
  9. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure it's a trasnferrable warranty!
  10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I did a job like that 10 years ago (don't remember what I charged) But I took the pool and gave it to my parents. I dug a whole 2ft and sunk the pool half in-ground and put a deck on it. My kids love going there to swim (they live down the street from us). The best part is I don't have to maintain the pool. After-all, I gave it to them and installed it. I always promised my mom I would buy her pool :).

Here's a picture with my son. This picture was taken before we repainted it a couple of years ago. It was also before we opened it for the year, that is why the ladder is not installed. It was just treated and the solo cover was on though.