I know its early but.........leaf removal

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tthomass, Jun 6, 2006.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Wasn't think'n and posted in the wrong thread, so here goes:

I've got a dump trailor and keep thinking of how I'm gonna build my box for leaf removal and what about a mulcher/vac thingy (you know what i'm talking about). Not a big tow behind but something to mount on the trailor/truck..........where can you get those and costs???

got pics? post up!

also, advise on charging for removal.......I've done tons but I was foreman vs salesman and didn't know the prices/how to charge blah blah blah

thanks!............yeah its early but on my mind, oh and when to start advertising that? September?

2. tthomass

from N. VA

i see charing anywhere from $30hr - $80hr.........i'm in N.VA, what are those of you in my area ranging?

3. Greybeard

Greybeard LawnSite Member

Welcome aboard, TT. We've been doing leaf removal for a couple of years, mostly curbside. You need the biggest vac you can fit on the trailer, probably 11+ hp. Most guys mount them on the tongue or the tailgate, and build up the sides of the trailer to about 4 or 5 feet. A mesh tarp over the top works best. You need a lot of ventilation to get rid of the air pressure from the machine. Giant Vac, Lesco and other companies make quality vacs. A good lawn equipment dealer can get one. This subject has been covered in a lot of threads, so try the search function for more info. Good luck!

4. tthomass

from N. VA

yeah i just found "search"...used to other websites locations