i know its early but......

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by tthomass, Jul 11, 2006.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Seeing thre great sucess of a guy I know with Christmas lighting in my area I figured I'd learn all I can now..........he's done it the past 2 years. First year was a $500 min and last year was a $2000 min.........he's getting $15-$20,000 contracts for Christmas lights.

Sooooooo, can someone point me in the right direction? As far as experience we've loaded the 2 acre front property of where I grew up with lots and lots of lights every year..........but I know that is different, I'm just trying to gather info.

How do you get such jobs, walk into and office "hi, want some lights"?
    And when do you start? I think he does in September.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

anybody do Christmas lights?

3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have messed with it some. I still have some mixed feeling about it. As far as how much $$you can make with it.

4. Firefly Lighting

Firefly Lighting LawnSite Member

We do a good bit and it is awesome. You better have a program set up before installing and train the installers otherwise you will have a real mess.

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of lighting are you puttin up? I have been rapping crepe myrtles trees. That is very time consuming. That is all the holiday lighting I have been doing. What brand of lights are you using? Also what kind of price do you do when rapping the trees from a ladder? Thanks

6. Firefly Lighting

Firefly Lighting LawnSite Member

We install all sorts mini lights, c9's, lite wreaths and garland, stake lights, roof lines etc. We charge differently for each type of lighting for lite garland we charge by the ft, for mini lights we charge by the lamp, and for roof and stake lights we charge by the ft. As for vendors we get our products from several sources, American Lighting in Denver has a good bit.

7. premierholidaylighting

premierholidaylighting LawnSite Member
    from chicago

firefly who is the insurance company that you use for your holiday lighting.

8. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

Anyone have any knowledge or dealing with the companies that sell manuals and training for holiday lighting as opposed to a franchise. Any opinions and pros and cons would be appreciated as we look into this for the coming season.

9. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Village lighting has a package that you can buy for $100. It includes cds with instructions and such. It also gives you the layouts for having post cards and door hangers made.

10. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

I just got off phone with village lighting. Seemed very helpful on the phone. There package includes manual, DVD's, CD and they have a training program locally in October. I had looked at other companies chaging around 1500 for maunuals and training. Anyone have any luck with these, such as WehangChristmas lights.com or Creative Decorating Inc.
    Thanks