I know this has been asked but im looking at about 4 different ztm need help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by str400ex, Mar 14, 2005.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

Kubota zg 54inch 20hp, skagg 48 20hp, dixxie chopper silver series 50inch, and exmark 50 all are about the same price which seem to do the best job and also hold up the best , I have my lawn and my grannys lawn about 2 acers each, mine is pretty rocky also I will be picking up some lawns as time alows thanks in advance for the help Shawn

2. Classic

Classic LawnSite Member

ExMark....hands down!

3. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

All are good machines,I prefer Toro myself but I'm not going to tell you hands down to buy one.I dont know your financial status to say what to buy but if it wasn't Toro I would be buying Dixie Choppers they last a long time and have had an excellent history in the Lawn industry...

Welcome to LawnSite by the way...

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Their all 4 good mowers so get the one you like the best and the one with the best dealer. Good luck.

5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I personally would be a little concerned with the 54" Kubota with only a 20hp engine. When you get into the wet, sappy spring grass it will drag that engine down. Make sure you get enough engine with anything you buy.

6. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

sorry the kubota has a 23horse kholer I need this mower to last a long time and perform good thanks for the replys Shawn

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The 20 hp engine is only available with a 48" deck.