I know this is stupid!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Oct 18, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

This one guy that I know wants to take a rope and hook his pick-up and my bobcat back to back to see what one will pull the most. He has a chevy Z71

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I'd venture to say the bobcat with its low end grunt will pull the chevy around the lot,

3. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Better get a strong rope.
    Take some video.

4. cat2

from Mi

The bobcat weighs more. So maybe your right. I may just have to hook on him one of these days:laugh:

5. cat2

from Mi

Have to have video of this.:)

6. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on the surface you will be on. In sand or mud it depends on tires, on dirt or pavement I would think the Bobcat would win. Better use a chain instead of a rope though, I remember doing this with my M610 and breaking the rope which whacked against the ROPS! I was pulling a truck out of the mud with the little Bobcat from a paved street. As a challenge I hooked the bobcat to a tire service truck and get more traction till the engine stalled. The joke was on him though because I just pushed the sticks forward and he couldn't move me. Do let us know if you try your experiment!

7. cat2

from Mi

more I talk to him about it less and less he wants to do it:cry:

8. rutwad

rutwad LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Make it seem as though you're not interested, but "I guess we can, but don't drag me fast and you better stop" attitude.

9. cat2

from Mi

I just want to make sure that I win, not that he really would pull me around, and make me look like a fool

10. cat2

from Mi

Just so everyone knows the kind of bobcat I have, most people do. 2007 S-160 K series. With the counter weight, so I will be that much more heavier. And make sure I have a full tank of fuel.I don't have any tracks on. Because I work on cement some of the time. The tires are about like new. It only has 400 hours on it.