1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I know this may sound stupid......

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

But I need some help doing a business card. I can't seem to find a program or anything to do a nice card (or flyer's for that matter). I made some plain jane cards with Microsoft word. But I am talking about being able to put things in the background, actually make a logo for a card or flyer, stuff like this. I am not computer illiterate, but not to savvy I guess on some of these things.

Like this simple logo below. Seems nice, easy, but I must be stupid, cause how do you do something like this. BTW I think this was from someone on this site.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Have you got wordperfect?Try opening the Perfect Expert in Wordperfect,and check out the options there for business cards.Or buy Business Card Pro.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

This may not be the answer your looking for, but try a local print shop. Early last spring a I had mine done at a local place, I skected out some ideas of what I wanted, then they designed it and printed 500 of them for I think $49.00 if I remember correctly.
  4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Get a graphics program. Go online to vistaprint or some other online printer. Get the dimensions for the card. Use your program to create a card according to the dimensions. Put whatever you want in there. Save the file. Go to vistaprint and upload the file. Order how many you want done. Pay. Wait for the cards to come in the mail. That's what I did last spring.

Good luck.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

designing a card can be a real pita first time around, that's for sure.

But what I do nowadays, I done went through the learning curve and I find it doesn't really matter all that much what it looks like... Every salesman who stands a chance to earn an extra buck off fancier designs will disagree, but to me the plain jane card is just as good as the glossy do-whop.

And yeah, vistaprint rules, you get 250 free cards for one, and they have an online thing helps you design them, all you do is enter infos and select from choices. The link is in one of the earlier responses.
  6. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everybody.

I just finished a design with vista prints and was happy with it. The only thing I didn't like was all the extra bonuses they gave me for just a little more money. Yeh they got me on those, but oh well I am sure I will be happy with them.

Thanks again,
  7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I'm glad it worked out for you.