I know what to charge for planting.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whatdefunk, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Whatdefunk

Whatdefunk LawnSite Member
    from Texas

but what should I charge for removal of 6 dead red tip photinias? The plants are about 6 feet tall and they havent been dead for long. I know what my dump fee is but i need help with a price per bush? I dont want to charge by the hour i would rather set a flat rate. My hourly rate is $50 per hour but i have never done this and im a little stumped. Has anyone ever REMOVED bushes like these? Any help would be appreciated.

2. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I would charge them by the hour. Just give them an estimate of how long you think it will take x your hourly rate. Just tell them the estimate amount. Add your dump fee and time for travel .

Are you using a backhoe or how are you planning to get these monsters out of the ground?

3. Whatdefunk

Whatdefunk LawnSite Member
    from Texas

well a scrub came along and bid $200 and thats way too low for me si ill pass on this one!!! thanks anyway!

4. KerryB

At $200.00 he will wish he was never born. lol

5. Dr. Mow

Dr. Mow LawnSite Member

if it is a open area, just get a tow rope , hook them to your truck and pull them out , 6 should not take 2 long, clean up will take longer than pulling them out. I would have to know how large they are before i could guess a price.

but we charge a disposal fee of 100.00 per trailer lot

6. KerryB

A 6ft tall Red tip will pull the bumper off of a truck. They have big roots that like to travel.