I know you guys don't usually do this, but I need help with a quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JeffNY, May 2, 2008.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

Keeping in mind we got a late start this year, only have a few accounts, nothing big, and could use some work.
    You think $125 is too low to get this place? Mow/trim/Blow, looks like they might have a little mulch work too, but thats not included in the bidding.

They claim its 5 acres, although it doesn't really look it.

Thanks if anyone can throw in a little input.

2. It doesn't look to be TOO far off 5 acres, but either way - taking into consideration what you said at the top - if you want it - do it for that...

Personally I'd be a little higher, but I didn't get a late start this year.

Just figure that you'll burn 10-15 in fuel at that place alone...

Maybe do it for that (if you really want it) and let them know that if gas hits $4.00 there will be a $5 per week fuelk surcharge...
  3. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

How big is your deck?

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

IT might be 5 acres but the building and parking lot take up 2 so you will be mowing maybe 3 looks like a easy mow toooo me..... If you dont have the work I would jump on that for $125 and hope to get work from it , looks like a nice place......
  5. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

id say its like 3 so id be like over 150 a cut but that would be a 60 ztr or something that would move quick. I Could probably do it in an hour and a half behind a walk with out trimming
  6. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

50 er 52", its a residential ztr cub, didn't get enough accounts this year to justify the new Exmark.

you get $75 per hour in SOLON no way to get that in AKRON :cry::cry:
  8. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

jeffyny: Im not sure what website you used to post the pic of the property, but if you go to zillow.com, theres a place there where you can put in the address of the prop and it will tell you everything about it, how many acres, when it was built, etc. $125 for that, assuming its 5 acres, seems really low to me, (25/acre), especially with gas as high as it is. Not sure what your acre properties are going for in your area, but most on here charge 60 and up per acre. And then like 5 or 10 bucks off per acre if theres 2 acres or more to mow. Hope this helps.

thanks for that web thats new 2 me
    good thing it is raining or i would have missed out on that...:waving:
  10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

You should be able to do it in less than 2 hours, I think your OK