I left a zillion dollars on the table last week

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ed Ryder, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I was not aggressive last week and now I've got a ton of lawns that are high and taking me longer to cut. For you guys further north, I recommend you be aggressive about hitting the lawns as soon as it makes sense. There's plenty of money I could have made last week that I left on the table - thanks in part to my rider being down, but that's a poor excuse since I've got 2 walk-behinds.

Ahh... I was lazy and working on other things. Oh well...
  2. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Gona get on em this week. Looks like some grass growing weather ahead, 70s by the weekend. cant wait!!!!!!!
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't go too far north, 1/2 my yards still have snow on them.
  4. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

not much growng here in toledo ohio yet either was out doing clean up last week and it was snow a bit ground is still soggy
  5. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

We have been mowing weekly for a full month already, some properties a bit longer than that, spring has been good so far. We finished all of our returning customers mulch/cleanup jobs by April 1st and are booked through the next 4 weeks with new customers cleanups/mulch installs. We already filled our maintenance routes for the most part.

A lesson learned in having everything ready to go before you need it...

This is going to be great year...hope it warms up quick and things start growing for you guys up north!
  6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, even this far south it's still snowing ... we got some snow with accumulation yesterday on the mountains but the valley didn't have any accumulation !!
  7. We're into our second cutting on the healthier lawns. Pretty normal for southwest Ohio.
    Last week we mowed in shirtsleeves. This week it's been insulated coveralls & gloves. Pneumonia weather.
  8. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Still really cutting winter rye and the bermuda is just beginning to move.
  9. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

On Long Island still 2 more weeks before cuts.
  10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Not for me, I'm starting the route today- some will need it and some won't though.

Next week full schedule.