1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I like this sulky!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about the Bull Rider dual mode sulky?
    That's one I'm thinkng of for my next sulky.
    Just not sure how well it will fold up though.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah the dual mode one is what I like!
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I use to have a simular one called "Rocket Wheels". I think Trimmertrap bought it from the original designer.
  5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I think yor right, When the bull ridder came out, you couldn't find the rocket wheels anymore. Norther Tool did have some on clearance in there winter catolog for $199. I don't know if they have any left though. I'm also looking into the one by Mower Sulky http://www.mowersulky.com/SW2000A.jpg and lesco sells a good fixed sulky also.
    I like that the trimmer trap ones mount at the corners:D
  6. weaver_b

weaver_b LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an opinion on the Pro-One caster wheel
  7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

When are you gonna starting listening to me??:blob3: :D
    I've been running the Junglewheels for about two years . They are super heavy duty, with "duel" mounting point, not like the single point stuff out there. Also, the ability to have "fixed or castored' mode, let's guy's run the sulky with a belt drive WB, or in "true zero turn" mode with a Hydro WB. The JW's also have a "roll limiter" that makes it impossible to have a problem if you hit a large pot hole with just one wheel.
  8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The Bull rider's dual sulky sounds interesting but I barely see anyone running on them down here, mostly fixed caster pro-one for hydro Wb and junglewheel type on gear Wb. I really love to hear some stories on Bullrider stuff, can any one tell us how good or bad the dual mode Bullrider is?

So far the Jungle Jim's stuff lives up to what they said, for me, it hauls *ss, very tough and light and of course addictive, let alone its foldable ability for transportation.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry guy''s....... my computer is having a meltdown, and going nuts:D Anyway, I'm using the "BULLYRIDER" and not the "Junglewheels.... please note,
    Sorry again,
  10. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I like the dual mode sulky, I think it's a good idea. I have noticed on many sulkies that the platform to stand on seems so small. It looks like there is no place to change your foot position.

I like the Protero PS-200 since it has platforms on top of the castor wheels to rest your foot on.

I just think it would be nice to be able to change foot position while mowing.

What do you sulky users think?

Joel B.