I live in Arkansas and want to know what I need to do....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Arkansas and I wanna know what I need to do to get my Chem. Applicator's License. I am 15, does that automatically disqualify me?

2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Jed,

Yes it disqualifies you. My guys have to be at least 18 yrs. old with 40 hrs of training to even touch a hose. Just wait and sub out if you have requests. Concentrate on doing one thing well and enjoy being a kid. Go up to my hometown, Heber Springs, and wakeboard and trout fish, don't work your teenage years away.

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

YES SIR! Yeah I am going to be working for the rest of my life, so right now I do wanna enjoy the freedom I have in not having to provide for myself or a family.:walking: But hey, if I can have a well established business in 2-3 years, thats great too.
    I have been up to Heber Springs quite a few times to go swimin'. Nice town. I love that Rustic Inn Restaurant.

4. MRMelton

MRMelton LawnSite Member

good answer barefoot.

5. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

barefoot,

i must have been following your door hanger person on friday. I'm guessing you or someone else must have been in clabber creek, fayetteville, on thursday.

i'm afraid the weather is going to wreak havoc on advertising. slow to no response for me so far. you?

6. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Or he could get a mower and start making some money. The most successful Landscape contractor I know started with a push mower when he was 15. I would bet he is nearly a millionaire now.

7. Jeds_Lawn_Care

There is a balance to it all....

I do want to make some $$$, (and when summer comes around my wallet stays fat.....for a kid..."WOW $5, AND THAT ONLY TOOK ME AN HOUR"......just kiddin') but I do realize that I ought not use my years of not having to work, working. Because I am going to be doing that for the rest of my life.

You just have to find the balance.

8. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

If you are doing something you enjoy it is not really even work. I love to spray and cut grass.

9. Jeds_Lawn_Care

EXACTLY!!!:weightlifter: :) :waving:

10. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

yeah you could even say it becomes your hobby:cool2: