1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I live on LS, BUT....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcnservices, May 19, 2004.

1. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

... I'm getting sick and tired of browsing here and finding nothing else to read but stupid threads about scrubs!!!
    ......Scrubs lowballing me, scrubs with mtd's, scrubs doing this, scrubs doing that, reasons for scrubs being around, scrubs mowing out of a van, scrubs, scrubs, scrubs, scrubs scrubs, more flippen scrubs......!!

Why can't we, who label ourselves as professional lawn care operators and business men and women, forget about those people (who are also trying and taking advantage of an opportunity) and shift our focus to our real strong competitors in the field? The stronger my competitors are, the stronger I can grow my own business!

Secondly: Let's come here to LS and make valuable - and sensible, contributions in helping and supporting each other grow in this business. The Lawnsite slogan is after all: Professionals Growing Together

I believe that when you see a so-called scrub out there hard at it mowing and you wave at him driving by instead of laughing, you will gain his respect for you as a pro instead.

Good Luck

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Diddo, and Diddo again
  3. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

I agree people use my service and pay more because they enjoy the professionalism. It does seem like a lot of you whine when a "scrub" undercuts you. Big deal the real loser is the customer.

Every industry has this type of competition. If there is a job to be done or something to be sold someone can do it cheaper or sell it for less. You have to offer more.

How many of you buy your equipment from the person who sells it for the least? Is he wrong for doing that? Your mad about scrubs because they are appealing to your customers more than you are. Maybe you need to change....
  4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

You forgot scrubs with broken body parts!

I couldnt agree more with everything you said pcn. The scrub posts can be funny at times. But it has gotten out of hand, and old.
  5. googleplex

googleplex LawnSite Member

We need a separate forum for complaints about scrubs. That way we could ignore them.
  6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, to all the above.
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

The funny thing is that this just turned into just another thread about scrubs...
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, but where would this thread go. With the threads complaining about scrubs, or with the threads complaining about the people complaining about scrubs? It is humorous that some people are threatened by some guy doing a few lawns for cash though.
  10. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I agree 100%. It seems to be mostly the new guys on here. I stopped comming here for a while because the forum was mostly about "scrubs". I was sick and tired of it and just had to step away for a while. I come back and same ole story. Threads like "I saw a scrub today and it was the funniest...." blah blah blah. Who gives a crap!!! There is a guy here where I live that rides around on a tricycle pulling a trailer loaded down with cheap lawn equipmet. I commend him I don't poke fun at him. These kids need to grow up. If they feel that threatened by "scrubs" then perhapse they themselves need to throw in the towel and find another line of work. I could go on and on but I really don't care anymore..I just learn to skip the threads when possible.:rolleyes: