I lost my post

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by crawdad, Nov 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted yesterday, about a business for sale near me, now I can't find it. I have searched my own posts, I have searched by title. The guy is ebaying a couple of scags and some other stuff. Maybe a moderator thought i was selling it, and removed it because I am not a sponsor. I am not selling it. It is near me, and I was offering to look at it if anyone is interested. What is up with this?? :confused:
    Crawdad

PS As of this morning(Thursday) I have not received a reply to this guy, so unless he replies soon, I won't be able to look at the stuff anyhow, there are only two days left on the auction.

2. crawdad

So, did I break a rule or something? People post ebay "business for sale" auctions all of the time, and it really isn't my stuff. My Scag has a whole lot more hours on it than these ones do. 24 and 30 hours, not used much. Another fireman who thought he could get easy money on his days off, I guess.
    Crawdad

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Correct, we don't allow unsponsored sales leads. We mainly rely on "report this thread to a moderator" feature to find and remove these types of threads/discussions.... yours happened to get reported by a community member.

Chuck

4. crawdad

I have seen other ebay auctions on this web-site. I was just trying to help others out, as I am nearby, and could possibly look at it. Someone actually uses the "report this thread' link, eh? I got no use for dime-droppers. Probably someone I disagreed with on another thread, and couldn't counter an arguement, so he does this cr@p to me. Anyone care to take credit for this one? Or are you gonna hide behind the "report this post" button?
    A search of "ebay" on this site reveals plenty of reading material. I guess ebay auctions are only allowed if you are making fun of the seller, as that is what I usually see. If I had called the seller a "scrub," the post would likely still be there.
    Disgustedly yours,
    Crawdad
    :mad:

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I wont pretend to know how this site is administered but I would guess that your thread is viewed as "competition" for our sponsors here.....but I dont see how buying used equipment is going to take food out of the mouth of an Exmark, Hustler or any other company equipment salesperson. But on the other hand if we did allot of this, the site might turn into a commercial for used equipment and we'd probably not like that either.
    You were just trying to be helpful....but if those are the rules then I guess we have to play by them

6. crawdad

What kind of a person uses the "report this post" button on a post mentioning an ebay auction? One with no life, I guess. My policy on these boards is not to say anything I wouldn't say if the person was right in front of me. So, lets see if the button clicking dime-dropper has sack enough to say it was him.
    Waiting,
    Crawdad
    :nono:

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Are you making some sort of threat simply because a community member(s) used a feature I fully support and encourage?

Your kindness is easily turned into greed by those not so nice. As always, your input is appreciated.

Chuck Keough

8. crawdad

I don't see how you could read a "threat" into what I said. What did I say that could possibly me misconstrued as a threat? I re-read my post several times to see where you were mistaken, just can't find it.
    There is a part of your post that I don't understand. How would my "kindness be turned into greed?"
    I thought this site was for helping each other out. It's gonna be a loooong winter if people are going to be attacking each other like this. My mistake.
    Crawdad

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

We have all posted Ebay links. And like you say a search on Ebay turns up a lot of reading.
    I guess if this is taboo, then we will have to stop and if we see one now Crawdad hit the "button". :dizzy:
    I agree with you Crawdad that probably a sore loser from another topic. :rolleyes: :confused:

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Crawdad an Adminstrators job is never easy. Sometime its a judgement call since I see people attaching ebay links but those you can tell are simple showing how high priced people think they can sell a lawn business or some other equipment,etc.

You need to let it go. I have never seen someone get so worked up over nothing. And before you get worked up again, I wasn't the one who reported your post. The buck stops at the Administrator for deleting a post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.