I love my chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLARKE, Apr 12, 2001.

1. CLARKE

CLARKE LawnSite Member

I have known eric for over 15 years, for the last 10 he
    kept tellin me to buy a chopper. But being that i only
    have about 42 lawns i never thought a chopper is what i
    wanted, But after 12 years and 4 JD walk bhines later and
    4 to 5 trips to dealer per season, last year i decided to
    buy a chopper 2000 XW2303, ok wait there was that 5 or 6 months Lesco thing biggies dumb thing i ever did, Don't even
    want to talk about it, i'll say this much NO I CAN'T.
    You can't get me off my chopper,so this year i bought another,so me and my son can each have are own to run.
    I had a ski thing on the walk bhines but the chopper get the job done in almost 1/2 the time. I even had to make my trailer 12inchs longer so i can get 2 chopper on borad.
    Now i have over 50 lawns and 5 reteion ponds.CAN'T WAIT TO GET MOWING..... I LOVE MY CHOPPERS.

2. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

I love my chopper too. I owe lawnsite the credit for convincing me to buy mine just last month. I bought the xw2400 with the Honda engine. I used it on a small clean-up for mulching some leaves and on my Dads 1 1/2 acre property, "my training grounds". I start officially mowing tomorrow good Friday. Thanks Eric and all other chopper owners for helping me make the choice for my first ztr.

3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I'm thinking about getting a Chopper. Anyone been considering the "S'BURB'N TURB'N" ? Sounds like a BEAST!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I am so far very impressed with my new Chopper. The way this mower discharges grass is awesome. It's a solid stream of grass shooting right out the front of the discharge. I used it in wet grass today and it only threw tiny clumps of grass. I suspect that doubles would eliminate this altogether. A big difference from my Gravely 50.

5. Plowzer

Plowzer LawnSite Member

The S'BURB'N TURB'N is, how do I put this...extraordinarily awesome!! Its like comparing a Jeep to a Humvee. Two 20's roarin' with six blades and some people think its a helicopter landing in their yard. I still look at it in awe.
    And the money it makes...sheesh, no comparison. These things are bad-to-the-Bone. Go demo one and see for yourself. Guys oy here got trailers full of em' cuttin' the Interstate grassways. Now there is some rough terrain!
    Oh, and mine has a 12' 50gal. boom sprayer and a 100lb. fert spreader. Talk about production. And Kevin S. if your reading this, you know what these things can do :)