1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I Love My Perma Green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by profigala, Oct 16, 2007.

1. profigala

profigala LawnSite Member

I just figured id start a thread for all of us who are happy with our perma greens. They get such a bad wrap on this site so here we go. I have three magnums and we beat the heck out of em and they are still running strong. our 05 has 730 hrs on it, the 06' has 400 and our new 07' has 230hrs on it. all of em run great with minimal problems. Most problems are maintenance related, meaning take care of em and they will take care of you.
  2. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

I love mine also just when you think your doing a good job of rinsing and cleaning you run into another aspect, well now i know that i have to get inside of the covers alot better. It saves so much time and it has paid for itself many times now.
  3. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I love em too! anything mechanical is going to need repair from time to time, and when you combine that with the chemicals we use every day you have to keep the things clean and well greased!
  4. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have 3 Ultras, 3 Centris and even an old Cav. Some with 1000+ hours. My guys like 'em. Most of the breakdowns are minor and easy to fix. Only major problem is the gearbox. Seems to only last 2 years before the fert corrodes the case. Never have replaced an engine yet :)
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Can go over the acres quick and effeciently.

Is there better machines? All depends on who you ask! They all have their goods and bads I am sure, but I love my PG MAGNUM!
  6. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I like mine pretty well
  7. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Could you guys give me some estimates on how much area you can cover in an hour? I am thinking of buying one and trying to figure out how much time savings it will give me. What is your typical application charge for say a 20,000 site. Wondering if the efficiency yields better profits or if you need to lower your cost because you would lose business if you were walk spreading?

I had 13 accounts this year, and next year am looking at least at twice that. My average yard is 12,000 and it takes me maybe 15 minutes to spread that. I also spot spray for weeds rather than draggin hoses around so that adds another 15-20 minutes per place. My site visits are anywhere froma minimum of $35 (Up to 5000 sq. ft.) to a max of $125 (30,000 sq. ft.) for fert and weed control (5 applications)
  8. thomsoutdoor

thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member

I throw in my 2 cents. I have been happy with mine. There is no way I am walking.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i have gone through 9000 pounds of lime with my magnum in the last 3 days oh and i was killing weeds at the same time what a great machine
  10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

A 12,000 sf lawn would take between 5-10 min and your doing fert/wc at the same time. if you invest in a PG you easily could do 10 times what your doing now. I have close to 500 accounts 6apps per year and do it all myself with a PG in about 5hrs a day! I'm 49 and not even tired at the end of the day.