I love not having to shovel snow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Dec 7, 2004.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Brought out the RedMax 7001 last night....we got 4 inches of the nice, medium to light snowfall, and did all of our paths and the driveway in less than half the time it would have taken with a shovel (and far more fun)!

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Chevyman...............you live in Glens Falls? My Aunt lives there too. You know any Coso's?

3. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Chevyman1 -- We had the same (4" of fluff), dragged the Toro 2 cycle out of the shed and made quick work of it.. Was a fun day here, wife and I put up a x-mas tree for one of our customers and lit it (they decorate) when we started out the roads were clear on the way home I used 4wd a couple of hills (comfort factor) as the plows wernt out yet.

BobR

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

actually live close to Saratoga, I had changed it to Glens Falls for a bit because some guy was PM'ing me saying he was going to steal my accounts if I kept winning bids in the area, so I made it seem I moved up the northway. But been there many times, and worked for the Red Wings out of college. Yeah Bob, that sounds like a nice day...we got our tree in Easton area on Sunday and put it up last night, very nice tree I must say

5. ozzys cuts

ozzys cuts LawnSite Member

:waving: Great Idea I will try my redmax 7001 next storm!

6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

On powerdery snows I have used my Redmax 7001.

The problem I have is kickback.....snow flies everywhere and you end up with wet shins, etc.

Has anyone used a power broom? I bought a nylon brush attachment for redmax, and plan to convert one of my weed-eaters to nylon brush for the winter? How well does it work?

Is nylon brush or rubber squeegee paddle better?

KB

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have used a power broom before and I feel it take me longer than a shovel

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I love not shoveling snow as well since we never have any. :p The summer sun is no fun though..

9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I used the trimmer with the rubber paddle on it last year. it worked ok, but heavy. Just wish it was a bit lighter

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ya, I had one guy that did snow removal swear up and down on it (paddle). So I told him to give me a demo. By the time he started it, and finished up, I would have been done with the work and moving onto another one