I love recessions!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Mar 18, 2009.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

We are busier then crap and phone is ringing like crazy!

Glad I decided not to market this year (saved me 4 grand :cool2:).

What are you guys seeing?

I was getting worried a couple weeks ago about losing customers...but not I am worried I can't get everything done! :laugh:

Upsells are going nuts (seeding, mole control and aeration)

Who knows! :dizzy:

2. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Creech, I have a Idea. 12 gauge for mole control, than you can charge them for aeration and upsell the overseeding. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Dude...you are the smartest Riger....or Tabit is it????? :laugh:

That is sum gud think'n!

4. RABBITMAN11

Could you imagine someone calling you for mole control. You show up you start blowing holes in the ground with the 12 gauge, customer walks out.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

5. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

If i could only get that big company- i think its initials are t.g.? to keep from doing my new customers i would be just fine! 3 today - customers had cancelled and magically the company shows up and treats them. And for some reason they arent doing there whole route in the neigborhood, just there recent cancels. keep it up boys- with practices like these I will need to hire another couple crews to handle all the work your sending my way!

6. RABBITMAN11

Hey bflower do you have any pics of your rig?

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

:laugh:

We had one today also...but it was Scotts!

Told customer to not pay bill and to tell them to STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND!

How are things going BFlower?

Are you hammering up there in northern OH?

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Bflower, TGCL does that here too. I hate it.

I think it would be cool if I got all the local LCOs to get together and sue TGCL for the money we lose every year by them doing people's lawns right after they cancel. I lose about $450/yr in lost work due to that practice of theirs, and I am small, I bet larger competitors lose thousands yearly.

BTW Rcreech, today was great for me too! Didn't lose a single client and picked up 3 new ones, two average jobs and one account that will be about $2k:cool2:

Picked up 4 aerations too.

9. bflower

bflower LawnSite Member

still holding here in the north, these temps are getting me nervous though! i like people to have a little jump on spring cleanups before i do my thing. Gonna pull the trigger real soon. drop me a pm- will get you a pic

10. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

As soon as make a sale on an old TG customer, I run over and stick a flag in the yard even if I don't spray it. They haven't pulled up any flags yet. I also warn the customer and tell them what to expect.

I feel like a dog marking it's territory.