I love these calls

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Jul 12, 2011.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

You know when your customer calls you up and is like hey can we ride down to home depot and pick up some flowers and I wanted to get mulch too. Then give me a price on planting it all.

Yeah sweet lets do that and on the way back we can swing by best buy and get your 60" flat screen.

2. Haha, yea, I don't do that crap. Go get Juan or Pablo for that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've only had one that ever purchased plants and wanted me to pick them up and plant it. Kicked him to the curb right quick. I've got one or two that pick up the stuff and want me to plant it. Nothing major, couple plants here or there, but it still aggravates me. Of course I'm not going to just throw away a decent paying account because of it.

4. Plantculture

Plantculture LawnSite Member

Sounds like you need a new line item on your invoice called, procuring, billed at around $80 an hour.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Thats what I'm thinking.

6. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the problem? If they are a CUSTOMER then your doing work for them anyways........so charge your normal hourly rate and do it while your there the next time.:hammerhead:

7. Bc you make good money on materials and some customers know this and don't feel it's right that you get to make money on the plants. The worst is the people that want you to come over and design them a landscape and tell them all of the plants you will use and you never hear from them again. I only do designs now if the pay for the design up front. Weeds out the jokers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Chris

I hope I project a little more professional image than to be considered the Truck Taxi to Home Cheapo and back.

9. Not sure I follow Ric??
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, I'll translate this for you although it's not difficult.

Ric states: that he hope that he promotes a professional image enough NOT to be or have anyone ever consider him a "truck for hire" to Home Depot(or the like) and back.

Is this correct Ric?