1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I love townhouse owners

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, May 4, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done about 50 estimates (48 single family and 2 townhomes) which included weekly mowing among other services in the past month. To date I have 7 signed contracts that include mowing. Two of them are for townhouses on very small lots. I charge $30 for a townhouse which is my minimum. The townhouse owners didn't blink when I told them my price. Many single family homeowners want me to mow 5 to 10 times the turf of the townhouse for the same $30. Why can't everyone be like the townhouse owner who understands the cost of getting something done?
  2. Cut n Edge Lawncare

Cut n Edge Lawncare LawnSite Member

its called convenience. townhouse owners usually buy because thet dont want the hassle of maintenance especially the grounds. they understand the costs associated with maintenance free living, homeowners usually dont