i lowballed a mexican...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Apr 21, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

yep...
    my route is real tight. when i hit a neighbor hood, i hardly have to move the truck at all to cut a bundle of houses.
    i can't even keep track of how many i cut in my own neighbor hood. i can pull the truck out of the driveway, park it in front of my house and keep there the whole day.
    there is this beat up van that comes to one house across the street from me. all amigo run, and apparently owned i found out today. they'd occasionally say someting to me in spanish, i have no idea what, but they'd giggle after..
    i didn't ask the other guys price when i was asked for an estimate today, but i knew how to bid slightly lower. i got it on the spot, for still good money, even upsold him other work around the yard... and locked up almost every residential on my block now. a few more and its official.
    keep in mind, when i lowballed it, i was thingkof like $5 cheaper a month or so..(which is insignificant when you upsell other services), but technically i am a lowballer today. :waving:

2. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Good for you, i've did this in the past too :blob3: ... It's about time some one underbids are Amigo's,lol :cool2:

3. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

if you bid it according to your cost and the profit level desired, you didnt lowball anybody. You where simply being competitive. I know that breaks your heart since you seemed so set on lowballing someone. You are not a lowballer, you are a competitive business person :waving:

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i just had a "Seinfeld Thought"... what if next week, the amigo attempts the double lowball? the "lower lowballer"? is it possible?[​IMG]

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Ah yes, the dreaded Double Lowball....I've heard of such, but never actually seen it....LOL!

6. lawncarepros2004

lawncarepros2004 LawnSite Member

lost you here. what did the nationality matter. Just curious, I'am a polish, russian, ginny, highballer in oregon. They took our jobs.

7. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Dey took our yobs!

8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

and you did say thank you? right :)