1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I made a trade for a Hustler, did I do right?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Enforcement FM, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Lawn Enforcement FM

Lawn Enforcement FM LawnSite Member

I started my business in January and bought a Demo Everride Warrior with a 54" deck and a 27 hp kohler (65 hours)for $6700.00. After getting some clients I realized I bought the wrong mower size wise. I have only been able to use it once since the propereties are so small. I also became a little leary of Everride after reading on here. I called my dealer and asked if we could do a trade because the Everride was too big. He said he had a 1yr old Hustler Mini Z with a 19 kaw with only 6 hours that has never been owned and he would trade me straight up. I did the trade.

Was this a good deal for me? What is the regular price for a Hustler Mini Z?

Basically I got the hustler for $6700.00.
  2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

the dealer got the better deal... MO
  3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

The mini z w/44" deck list for 7699. You did ok, especially since what you had was useless to you.
  4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a good trade to me.
  5. martinslandscaping

martinslandscaping LawnSite Member

i have a super z great machine, you came out ok