1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I made a woman happy

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jimmyj810, Jul 27, 2004.

1. jimmyj810

jimmyj810 LawnSite Member

I have been married for 24 plus years and I think I finally made my wife happy. I bought a new Hustler Z, 60 inch cut mower. She has already mowed the biggest part of the yard a couple of times with it. We have even given it a name,
    "The Throne". I mow about 5 acres of Bahia grass so it gets a pretty good workout each time. I also have about two acres of outlying pasture like turf that I keep bushhogged and a couple of days ago I got the Hustler, raised the deck really high and tackled some of the two foot tall bahia because it is so easy to manuver around the fences and trees. My wife saw me and she throwed a fit and told me to get that mower back to the yard and she had better never catch me out in the long grass again. So in spite of my best efforts the "atta boy" got cancelled quickly. So to summerize, get your wife a Hustler, wash and wax after each use, and move your truck out and park it next to the wife's car where she can see it each time she goes out there. But most of all, never let her see you mowing with it and looking like you are enjoying it.
  2. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Ditto - I also have a Hustler Z and the hardest part of mowing the grass is not letting my wife know that I like doing it. It is not a chore anymore.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That goes for anything.... never let a woman know you enjoy anything at all. :eek: ;) :D