I made this web site myself

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by jims5964, Feb 4, 2006.

1. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

www.bestmowingcompany.com

What do you guys think of my website I just got it about 2 months ago.
    I am not a web designer by any means, I am treating my web site basicly as a flier that I would pass out door to door in the spring.

Thanks for any input or sugestions,

Jim

2. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

I mean suggestion

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Buttons cover text , and needs pics :) but great start otherwise

4. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I don't see the buttons covering the text, I'll have to figure out why you are seeing it that way and how many other people see it like that. I am a mow, blow and go company and I never took any pictures of my customers lawns. Once Spring gets here I will take some pictures and add them to the site.

5. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

if you make the page smaller you can see the buttons covering the text...
    contact us page has different collored text on buttons... Its a little wordy but pics will help that. The residential and commercial pages are the same i think. if you got the little form on the first page to work i would also put it in the contact page.

6. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

I moved the buttons and i will fix the text on the buttons on the contact page. You are right about the information on the residential and commercial pages, it is the same info. I figure if someone is interested in residential that is the page they will go to, if they are there for commercial information that is the page they will go to.

Thanks for taking the time to help

7. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

can somebody tell me how it looks now.

8. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

IMP the font is to BIG..and your discount page says 30% off mowing service?? is that just for a mow and go or do they need to have a lawn package to receive the discount? and a FREE sidewalk edge in July..WOW

9. jims5964

jims5964 LawnSite Member

I have the font big for two reasons, 1st it is easier to read and 2nd it fills up the page.

I am giving all new customers 30% off all mowing until June they do not need to have a package.

I am just giving the free July edging because it is easy to do and it is something for free, people like free. Edging is at least a $35 value for customers.

10. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

Don't take this wrong but the government page should be the same as all the others. Your site needs to flow. Add pics to the site and I would lower case the font just a little you don't have to fill the page. Just trying to help..