I make 20k a month as a Solo Operator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpel2004, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok here's the deal there's one operator that's stating he makes 1k a day working 10 hours days by himself. Can some one please teach me how to make money like this, lol. Help me out with this one?

2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

mowing lawns? solo? doubt it.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

You said in another post you take what he wrote at face value.

Why have you then started another thread just to call him out?

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

the most I have made in 1 day solo was 580.00

and belive me that's NOT every day

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Drop the gate, mow the front lawn, go to the back yard and break into the house, steal all the money and jewels... repeat as necessary. LOL. Not really a long term goal, but maybe it would work for a day or two.

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Couldn't this have done in a PM? Oh well. Why isn't it possible? 10 hour day @ $100 an hour. Is it that hard to believe? They're either acreages or high-end properties.

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have made 1k on days but there are far and few,most solo operator's $200 some days $400 average give or take a few.

8. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I can do it on a tractor. But not doing lawns. It would take a lot of patio homes in a real close vicinity to do it.

We have a Del Webb development here that I know of people having an entire week worth of work within a close proximity of each other. All are 20 minute yards with a 36 inch Z and they get 35 per trip for them.

Seems possible to me if someone is in the right area.

I currently do about 5 houses in a Centex Development. They take me 18 minutes to do and I get 30 per cut. Can do all 5 in less than 2 hours easily.

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Amounts like this by one person may, just may be possible upon occasion.
    Sustained? I doubt it.
    High end properties require more work than a solo operator can complete, particularly given the size and elaborateness of the landscape on an given type of repeatable schedule.
    Certainly on installs a solo operator may gross a thousand per day yet actual net this amount I seriously doubt.

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Im solo and usually make 200 give or take a day. I have made 800 bucks in one day, but that was from landscape work, not lawn cutting. I wish I could make 20k a month solo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.