I may be getting out.....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Signature Landscaping1, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I may be getting out of the business. I just bought a whole bunch of new stuff. But I really need to focus on school and music. My grades were really slipping last year, so i think it may be time to let go. I will still plow during the winter time. I also got a job working in sales at the local power equip dealer. At the end of the fall, I might have a whole bunch of equip up for sale.

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Why it looks like your doing good. Nice logo nice equip. A smart head for business in my opinion can take you alot farther than a 4 year degree, and music forget about it if you want to make any money. I am a drummer, wanted to go to berkley school of music. But I am a equipment / Truck junkie also. Landscaping is a gateway to a vast sea of different businesses, build your business and you will be able to get into other areas be it green indesty related or not. Musicians make NO MONEY unless you are a music teacher, or you play for The Red Hot CHili Peppers.

3. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

You make a really good point. I may just stop mowing.

4. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

Go to school and finish what you started. Do sales on the side in the cold A/C and feel refreshed when you get home to study. Lets be real if you miss the manual labor and all the other crap that goes along with this business just buy your self a mower,trailer and a weed whacker and place your add in the local paper and whamo your back in the game. :dizzy:

5. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

Also I'm selling my trailer 4,000 takes it.:drinkup:

6. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

Where in MA are you and what might you be selling after the Fall?

7. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

Im in Franklin. Ill pm you soon, when i decide which stuff i am going to sell.

8. Signature Landscaping1

from Mass

I am just flat out sick of mowing. So maybe ill just focus in on hardscape, and Landscape. I am going to school for both right now.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Why don't YOU focus on the landscaping and hardscaping end and hire a crew to focus on the mowing and weekly maintnence end. From seeing your pictures with your stripe, you customers should be happy with your work. I just hire 2 people and let them work that end of the route. This way, it gives you time to expand your horizons and work the landscaping end of your company where you said your happier! JMO

10. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Ditto above ^^^^^^ Thats what I'm going to do.