I met Dean Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by broken leg, Nov 7, 2004.

1. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I met Dean Walker at the GIE show in Charlotte NC Saturday. I have had trouble with the 26 EFI Kohler motor on my Walker and the dealer was no help. Well Mr Walker did not I repeat did not try to brush it off in stead he said they would get it fixed. I have met allot of heads of companies in my 50 years and this is the real thing. Very nice and does not look down on people. With all the trouble I have had with my motor and the dealer I would buy another Walker tomorrow I believe the mower is a great machine and the man who runs the company even greater. If any of you get a Chance to meet Mr Walker by all means do so. Just try and meet Mr Toro, Jhon Deere or Mr Scag. When I left the show he shook my hand and said they would fix my machine and was sorry I had problems and I belive they will. I will let every one know what happens. OK I am off my soap box now.

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe you, I have exchanged several emails with him myself and he is prompt and very friendly. And you are right, just try meeting or emailing the owner of any other major company....yeah right!

Goods report mate, though Walker is not my choice of mower these days, they did get me started and are a good unit!

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad you had good results with him. I did not fair so well several years ago when I was having problems with my mowers....

4. CathyLynn

CathyLynn LawnSite Member

Careful there now or AVERY will get on your case! :dizzy:

The Walker family is the real deal. We have had the pleasure of knowing them for many years. They are all good Christian people. They are a "people" company first!

We have also had the pleasure of Dane Scags' aquaintance! We are still using one of the first 100 of the 72" Hydro walkbehinds!

These are all great people and trhey would also be the first to tell you that no machine-not theirs-not anyones--is perfect for all people in all situations.

5. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

Same here he replies right away and comes across as genuine. Pretty cool for a "Big Wig"

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I guess he has a lot of free time to meet with owners now that Walker is going out of business. :rolleyes:

I have also received email from Walker a few years ago after I sent them pictures of some modifications I made to their tine dethatcher. I spent quite abit of time looking into Walker long before I bought one and was happy with their record.
    PS, I'm gonna miss them.

7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Madam I do not "get" on anyones case. I am beginning to wonder what your fascination with me is. You seem to turn up in every thread I am involved in. I find it VERY flattering! You are a newbie here. Plus you know nothing of my past problems with Walkers. That they nearly put my maintenance division out of business. That I had one over 4 years old with less than 300 hours because it stayed in the shop more than on my contracts. That I became so frustrated with my POS Walker dealer I contacted Walker and spoke to the owner. That he promised to get back to me but never did. Only reason my issue was ever resolved is the manager overheard the head shop tech. tell me that the mower would never be right no matter what they did to it. I just looked over the techs. shoulder and grinned at the manager. The tech did not know he was standing right behind him. Do a simple search here. See what mower most people post about having problems with. Walker will win hands down. More posts with problems. But fewer people here that own them. What does that tell you about their quality?

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I did the search, and got wright stander, and scag with most problems, not many post about Walker :rolleyes:

9. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

when i was at EXPO i saw Dane Scag, my grandfathers friend who helped start echo during their begining stages in the U.S. was friends with alot of the owners including Scag, and the Ariens family

10. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

A few of Us home boys need to stick together I did not find your replay out of line at all. That is why we call this a forum every body has different opiums and you were stating a fact that happen to you. We will have to see what happens. If there any more opiums or facts that happen to you about Walker mowers I would like to here them. There is allot more to my statement then I can talk about Sean and I have a gentleman's agreement that I don't talk about certain things and Sean has treated me well and runs a FIRST CLASS forum and I abide by is rules which are far. So if you have an opium on Walker mowers I would like to here them but when you meet Dean Walker he has ora of honesty about him.